The Pros and Cons of Starting an Organic Hair Care Products Business
The global organic personal care market is expected to reach $15.98 billion by 2020 as many health-conscious and environmentally aware consumers seek organic products for all aspects of their lives, including hair care. Business opportunities involving organic hair care will grow along with the industry itself.
Start a Organic Hair Care Products Business
Many health- and environment-conscious consumers are seeking organic products for all aspects of their lives, including their hair care products. As the organic hair care product industry continues to grow, so does the business potential.
If you have knowledge in organic hair care products, or if this is something you’re interested in learning about, an organic hair care products small business can be an interesting career with good earning potential.
The benefits of starting an organic hair care product business include:
· There is a growing demand for organic products.
· Your business can be entirely home-based.
· It’s a good type of business to operate part-time.
· You have several options for selling, including through retail markets, online, or directly to clients.
· You have a wide variety of products to choose from to sell as a distributor.
· There is a good growth potential because you can add products and services as they are developed.
Some of the potential challenges you may face if you start an organic hair care products business include:
· Your startup costs can be high if you’re developing and producing products on your own.
· You will need to do significant research on products before starting your business.
· The learning curve for developing products can be steep.
· Your competition may be large distributors.
· You need to have expert knowledge in beauty products.
· You will need to learn about organic ingredients and how they interact with hair and skin types.
· You will need space for development and production.
Making your own organic hair products at home is easy and saves money in the long run.
Oily Hair Pre-Shampoo Conditioner
This conditioner works to control excess oil
while soothing the scalp and hair roots.
· 1 1/2 cup jojoba oil
· ¾ cup lemon juice
· 3 teaspoons brown sugar
· 7 drops sage essential oil
· 7 drops tea tree essential oil
· 5 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a clean glass jar with a lid.
2. Apply the mixture to dry, unwashed hair, beginning at the scalp and massaging into the roots. Rub the oil using downward strokes away from the scalp. This seals the hair follicle.
3. Comb the hair through completely.
4. Follow the treatment with a mild organic shampoo. Massage the shampoo into the hair, adding water slowly until all the oil dissolves. Lather well and rinse as usual.
5. Towel dry your hair by scrunching, and style as usual.
6. Use this mixture 2-3 times per week for best results.
Herbal Shampoo For All Hair Types
This is a suds-free hair wash that leaves hair soft, shiny and remarkably clean. Although you
may not have heard of some of these ingredients, they are readily available online or at most
natural health stores.
· ¼ cup bhringaraj, powdered
· ¼ cup gotu kola herb
· ¼ cup powdered lavender buds
· ¼, cup neem, powdered
· Purified water
1. Place first four ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and shake well.
2. When ready to use, boil 1 cup of purified water and remove from heat.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of the herb blend to the hot water.
4. Cover mixture and allow it to sit for five minutes.
5. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
6. Wet hair completely.
7. Poor ½ cup of the mixture on your head and massage the scalp for two minutes.
8. Repeat with the remaining mixture and rinse well.
Leave-In Rosemary Conditioning Rinse
This simple fragrance rinse stimulates limp hair and leaves a
lasting fresh fragrance. Be careful when using this rinse as it
may stain light-colored towels.
· 4 cups of purified water
· 1 teaspoon borax
· ½ cup dried rosemary
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Add the borax and the rosemary and stir well. Remove from heat.
3. Cover and let steep for two hours.
4. Pour 1 cup over head and massage into the scalp.
5. Do not rinse out.
6. Store in the refrigerator for seven days, and then throw away the unused portion.
Show Your Hair How Much You Care
When you make your own organic hair products, you will be nourishing your locks with natural goodness instead of draining them of life. Your hair will thank you by being shiny, soft and easy to style.